Why Choose TCI?
TCI products are specially formulated for structural protection and repair of existing infrastructure. In addition, TCI protective coating systems can be applied at the pre-construction phases to protect and extend the service life of special infrastructure (Tunnels, wastewater trunks, water pipes, tanks/structure, culverts, etc.).
Features of TCI products include:
- 100% solid and 100% solvent free
- NSF 61 and NSF 372 approved for Potable water applications
- Provides excellent protection against aggressive environmental exposures, especially sulfuric acid and other chemicals usually found in wastewater plants and trunks
- Quick back to service in as little as 48 hours
- Cost saving due to lower number of layers required to restore the strength capacity of structural members
- Proven long-term durability, proven by significant testing after severe wastewater exposure
- Enhance the water flow conditions in the repaired pipes
- Excellent for Buckling design of CFRP Liners
- Long-term water tightness in pressurized pipes and reduced I&I in sewers
- Help increase the working pressure capacity of existing pipes
- Can be designed as stand-alone pipe, or composite system with the existing pipe, and/or as a protective coating
- Can be used to renew existing pipes of different materials (steel pipes, Reinforced concrete pipes RCP, and Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipes PCCP)
- Easy to install in a wet lay-up process and forming irregular surfaces
- Requires minimal surface preparation to achieve some of the highest bond strength in the industry (can be applied on damp surfaces as well as dry)
- Provides Seismic retrofitting and protection for existing structures
- High tensile and flexural strength compared to other construction materials and coatings
The Complete TCI Product Line-up
All TCI listed products are designed as a system to work in conjunction with one another, all made of the same base thermoset epoxy.
TCI ShieldStrong 955-PL
- Ideal “COST EFFECTIVE” protective coating system for sewer and wastewater facilities
- TCI ShieldStrong requires minimal surface preparation to achieve some of the highest bond strength in the industry
- It can be applied on damp surfaces as well as dry
- The flexural strength and modulus of this product was found to be in the range of 4,00 Psi [27.5 Mpa] and 96 Ksi [665 Mpa] respectively. Even though TCI 955 is not meant for structural repair, it has good mechanical properties in addition to its flexibility which allows a 10% deformation ratio
- TCI 955 has excellent sulfuric acid resistance, retaining 90% of its original flexural strength and 70% of its flexural modulus after being exposed to a 10% sulfuric acid solution for 1,000 hours
- Can be applied by brushing, rolling, troweling or spraying with a recommended thickness of 1 mm for new construction. For deteriorated concrete, the thickness may vary according to the substrate conditions
TCI ProTecStrong 855-SPL
- Exclusive high bond strength to existing substrates
- Can be applied on dry and damp/moist surfaces
- Long-term protection of chemical and harsh environment
- Easy to apply and long recoat window
- Retain at least 70% of its original mechanical properties after 50 years of chemical exposure
- 1.6mm [1/16 inch] thick coating is able to protect the substrate from chemical attack for a long-term exposure
- It’s the right product to strengthen, repair, and protect your structure
- Material Data Sheets are available upon request for more information
At over 3mm in thickness, it can be used as a structural fix, as a structural patching compound for cracks in concrete holes in concrete and spalling of concrete. TCI will provide structural engineering for such uses.
NSF 61 approved and tested!
TCI CarbonStrong SPL
- All components are UL listed; NSF/ANSI Standard 61 and NSF 372 certified product for drinking water facilities
- Meets the design criteria of ACI 440, CSA S806, and CSA S16
- Long pot life time and ambient cure
- High strength to weight ratio
- 0% VOL and 100% solvent-free
- Non-corrosive, non-magnetic and non-conductive
- Long-term resistance to chemicals
- Light weight, adds negligible dead load to structure
- Stand-alone system:
- CFRP Stand-Alone system is required when the existing host pipe is severely deteriorated and does not have the required capacity to resist the applied external and/or the internal loads.
- The CFRP system is designed to fully support the following loads:
- External hydrostatic pressure
- Soil fill and any other surcharge loads
- The internal pressure
- The internal vacuum pressure (if any)
- Composite system with the existing pipe:
- CFRP system can be designed as a composite system with the existing host pipe in cases where the host pipe is partially deteriorated.
- The host pipe and the CFRP system share the applied external and internal pressure.
- Composite design of CFRP requires a smaller number of CFRP plies and leads to a more economical design. Usually two or three layers of CFRP is adequate to resist the applied loads.
- Protective coat:
- The thickness of the CFRP is determined based on the project’s service life and the severity of the aggressive environment inside the pipe. Generally, the number of CFRP plies does not exceed two.
- Protection of Waste Water Facilities against aggressive chemicals.
- CFRP or Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymers (GFRP) liners can be applied to provide a protection layer against aggressive environmental conditions.
- The host pipe is assumed to be able to fully resist the applied external and internal loads with no load sharing with the CFRP liner.
TCI ProtecStrong 855-R (Repair)
- TCI ProtecStrong 855-R (Repair) is a two component, 100% solids, room temperature cure, epoxy paste.
- A structural repair material with high mechanical properties and resistance to chemicals, making it ideal for strengthening and protection of concrete elements.
- It can be used as a tack coat in wet lay-up applications of carbon/glass fibre reinforced polymers.
- Excellent resistance to sulfuric acid, Nitric acid, and corrosive gases usually found in the headspace of the sewer pipes.
- TCI-855-R components are ANSI/NSF 61 & NSF 372 certified for use in potable water facilities.
- TCI 855-R passed Severe Wastewater Analysis Test (SWAT).
- Excellent bond strength to concrete, steel, masonry and wood substrates.
- Thick paste suitable for high build-up and overhead repair
- TCI 800-D:
High strength thermoset epoxy primer especially formulated to be used in Sewer Pipes when the surface of the substrate is in Saturated Surface Dry (SSD) conditions. ANSI/NSF 61 approved for potable water pipes and water tanks. 100% solid, zero VOC
- TCI 800-W:
A thermoset epoxy primer especially formulated to be applied on moist or wet substrate. It allows the concrete surface to be sealed once it’s fully cured, typically within 24 hours after application. 100% solid, zero VOC
- TCI 300-S:
A two component, 100% solids, thermoset epoxy system. Its low viscosity and long pot life characteristics make it ideal to saturated carbon and glass fibre fabrics for use in wet layup composite applications. TCI-300-S components are ANSI/NSF 61 & NSF 372 certified for use in potable water facilities
- TCI 200-B:
A two component, 100% solids, thermoset epoxy paste. High mechanical properties and resistance to chemicals make it ideal for the strengthening and protection of concrete elements. It can be used as a tack coat in wet lay-up applications of carbon/glass fibre reinforced polymers. TCI-200-B components are ANSI/NSF 61 & NSF 372 certified for use in potable water facilities
- It is a structural patching compound
- Can be used to patch concrete holes, cracks, spalling.
- It can also be used as the tack coat for wet layup.
High Strength Fibre
- Carbon Fibre Fabric:TCI CS850 is a proprietary high tensile strength, stitch bonded, Carbon Fibre Fabric. The material is combined with TCI-300-S Epoxy to form a Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymer (“CFRP”) laminate used to strengthen and/or upgrade structural elements
- Glass Fibre Fabric:TCI G-500 is a proprietary high tensile strength, stitch bonded, Glass Fibre Fabric. The material is combined with TCI-300-S Epoxy to form a Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer (“GFRP”) laminate used to strengthen and/or upgrade structural elements
Designed By Professionals
All of TCI’s design work is prepared and reviewed by competitive professionals who have extensive experience in the design and application of CFRP products.
TCI can provide designs from inception to completion.
TCI Carbon Fibre is revolutionizing the renewal and repair of:
The TCI Family of Products
TCI products are specially formulated for structural protection and repair of existing infrastructure. In addition, TCI protective coating systems can be applied at the pre-construction phase to protect and extend the service life of special infrastructure (Tunnels, wastewater trunks, water pipes, water treatment plants, etc.).